Transwide with extended value offer
27 Mar 2012Back
Transwide becomes unique provider of complete “on-demand” transport management
solutions for both shippers and carriers
Transwide, a leading developer of e-logistics software, announces the extension of its popular SaaS-based Transport Management System (TMS), making Transwide the unique provider of a complete portfolio of integrated TMS solutions “on demand” for both shippers and carriers. In addition to its widely used transport management and procurement platforms, Transwide now provides carriers with innovative administration, planning and optimisation solutions. To emphasize its new positioning in the logistics market, Transwide consolidates its entire product portfolio into a single Transwide solutions brand:
- A collaboration platform used by shippers to source, plan, execute, settle and analyze their transport operations with maximum cost efficiency
- An administrative and operational TMS for carriers, formerly known as TAS and part of Transics, which is already being used by more than 300 transport companies in Belgium, the Netherlands and France
- An on-demand planning and optimisation solution for both shippers and carriers
- A sourcing and procurement platform providing shippers access to more than 18,000 qualified carriers, worldwide
- Integration to the leading freight exchange platforms in the market, through its sister companies Teleroute, Nolis and Bursa Transport
Transwide will continue to build upon its transportation domain expertise, “on demand” collaborative platform technology, and track record of systems integration for its global client base, to deliver end-to-end workflow solutions for transport and logistics organizations.
Fabrice Maquignon, CEO of Transwide, comments: “This unique value-offer makes Transwide the leading provider of modular SaaS-based TMS-solutions and the first choice for both shippers and carriers to efficiently manage their transportation processes.”
Shippers not only gain access to a network of 18,000 partners during the sourcing and procurement stage. They also have the ability to leverage the Transwide new on-demand planning and optimization solution for their processes and to enter into an end-to-end electronic communication with additional 300 transport companies.
At the same time, all existing users of the Carrier TMS can easily get electronic connectivity with their shippers if they are using Transwide Shipper TMS. It also gives them the ability to plug in an on-demand planning and optimization solution which, on top of that, is connected to the leading freight exchange platforms in the market. All of Transwide’s on-demand solutions connect large communities of the transport and logistics industry.
The extensive coverage of their needs is reflected in the Transwide consolidated solutions brand and the Transwide.com new website.